Monday, March 23, 2015

More Beadmaking/Teaching


 Novice Schola, Barony of Bergental (Massachusetts), 2/8

Marion drove me up to Bergental so I could teach at their Novice Schola. I demonstrated beadmaking for 3 hours at this event, and taught several people to make beads. On person even e-mailed me after the event looking for information on getting a beginners kit! For this event I also brought a book filled with pictures of period bead. The book seemed to work well and catch the interest of several people during the day.



Making beads at Martin's Workshop (Bhakail) 3/16

This was a nice low key A&S workshop that is held most Monday's in Bhakail. Several people in the Barony have bead making kits, so they have started making beads during some of these workshop. I came down to play, and I hope to do so again sometime. I got to teach one new person (picture below), and share the new modern beadmaking books that I just bought. 



Making beads with Erica 3/21

I went to Erica's house in NJ to make beads with her. We also used this opportunity to begin to make beads for tokens to be used at an Event in Iron Bog in May.